Brazil's center-south sugarcane crush for the 2018-19 crop was 11.60% up from April until July 1 compared to the same period from a year before, totaling 222.571 million tons, said the Union of Sugarcane Industry (Unica).
Total ethanol production reached 11.06 billion liters, up 44.99% from a year before, with 3.288 billion liters of anhydrous ethanol (+2.06%) and 7.773 billion liters of hydrous ethanol (+76.36%). Meanwhile, sugar production fell 12.10%, totaling 9.747 million tons.
Regarding production mix, 64.40% of the raw material obtained was used for ethanol production, while the remaining 35.60% went to sugar production.
Total Recoverable Sugar (TRS) reached 129.1 kilograms per ton of sugarcane, 4.84% higher than in the same period of the 2017-18 cycle.