empty
 
 

Forex Analysis & Reviews: Dollar weakness: what to look out for
time 09.12.2022 12:45 PM
time Relevance up to, 14.12.2022 10:42 AM

This image is no longer relevant

The two-day gains in precious metals and currency pairs with the dollar occurred amid the weakening dollar.

This image is no longer relevant

Weekly jobless claims in the US rose to 230,000. This figure will certainly be taken into account in the Federal Reserve's decision on monetary policy.

Market participants are pushing up precious metals prices as lingering fears focus on the Federal Reserve's last meeting of the year, which will take place next week, and the next inflation report—CPI. This report will be released on the first day of the two-day FOMC meeting. It will allow the Federal Reserve to see whether the partial decline in inflation recorded for October 2022 in November is a continuation of the decline in the consumer price index after reaching its highest level in June this year, when the CPI was 9.1%.

From July to October, the consumer price index consistently fell 8.5% in July, 8.3% in August, 8.2% in September and 7.7% in October.

This image is no longer relevant

Traders and investors have largely priced in the high likelihood that the Fed will raise rates by 50 basis points, or a a %. This will raise the current target rate of 375–400 basis points to 425–450 basis points by the end of the year. According to the CME FedWatch tool, there is a 74.7% chance of a 50 basis point rate hike and a 25.3% chance of a 75 basis point rate hike. Although it is unlikely that the Fed will raise rates by 75 basis points for the fifth time in a row, this still continues to worry market participants about the upcoming meeting.

This image is no longer relevant

Irina Yanina,
Chuyên gia phân tích của InstaForex
© 2007-2023
Silver
Select timeframe
5
min
15
min
30
min
1
hour
4
hours
1
day
1
week
Start trade
Start trade

InstaForex analytical reviews will make you fully aware of market trends! Being an InstaForex client, you are provided with a large number of free services for efficient trading.

  • Grand Choice
    Contest by
    InstaForex
    InstaForex always strives to help you
    fulfill your biggest dreams.
    THAM GIA CUỘC THI
  • Tiền gửi lần truy cập
    Ký quỹ tài khoản của bạn với $3000 và nhận được $1000 nhiều hơn!
    Trong Tháng 02 chúng tôi xổ $1000 trong chiến dịch Chancy Deposit!
    Có được một cơ hội giành chiến thắng bằng việc ký quỹ $3000 vào một tài khoản giao dịch. Đáp ứng được điều kiện này, bạn trở thành một người tham gia chiến dịch.
    THAM GIA CUỘC THI
  • Giao dịch khôn ngoan, thành công
    Nạp tiền vào tài khoản của bạn với ít nhất $ 500, đăng ký cuộc thi và có cơ hội giành được các thiết bị di động.
    THAM GIA CUỘC THI
  • 100% tiền thưởng
    Cơ hội duy nhất của bạn để nhận 100% tiền thưởng khi gửi tiền
    NHẬN THƯỞNG
  • 55% Tiền thưởng
    Đăng ký tiền thưởng 55% cho mỗi lần gửi tiền của bạn
    NHẬN THƯỞNG
  • 30% tiền thưởng
    Nhận 30% tiền thưởng mỗi khi bạn nạp tiền vào tài khoản của mình
    NHẬN THƯỞNG

Recommended Stories

The euro sets a bad example

The European Central Bank was late to the party and is now trying to convince investors that it will be the last to leave. In other words

Marek Petkovich 13:02 2023-02-05 UTC+2

GBP/USD: brief results and expectations

The Bank of England raised its rate by 50 bps to 4%, the highest level since October 2008. However, the Bank forecasts that annual U.K. inflation will fall from

Jurij Tolin 12:59 2023-02-05 UTC+2

Analysis of the trading week of January 30–January 3 for the GBP/USD pair. COT report.

The GBP/USD currency pair has also begun a very strong decline this week. Despite its drop from about a month ago, we also anticipated a decline in the value

Paolo Greco 18:15 2023-02-04 UTC+2

Analysis of the trading week of January 30–February 3 for the EUR/USD pair.

The EUR/USD currency pair has attempted to maintain its recent upward trend once more this week, although, during the past two weeks, it has begun to noticeably drop. About

Paolo Greco 17:39 2023-02-04 UTC+2

The U.S. dollar is losing its appeal as a safe haven: what does this mean for the EUR/USD pair?

A strong U.S. dollar was one of the main headwinds for gold and all precious metals last year as investors embraced the currency as a safe haven. But this forecast

Irina Yanina 16:42 2023-02-03 UTC+2

Weak US jobs data will support equities and put pressure on dollar

Markets continued to take advantage of the positive sentiment that emerged after the FOMC meeting on Wednesday. This is not surprising since the start of the new year, they have

Pati Gani 13:22 2023-02-03 UTC+2

GBP/USD. Overview for February 3. 2023

The GBP/USD currency pair increased as well, though far less significant than the EUR/USD pair. Additionally, this situation ought to have caused traders to pause. Why is the euro strengthening

Paolo Greco 11:20 2023-02-03 UTC+2

EUR/USD. Overview for February 3, 2023

The EUR/USD currency pair was moving in multiple directions on Thursday, but the previous evening it left the side channel it had been in for the previous three weeks

Paolo Greco 10:47 2023-02-03 UTC+2

Bitcoin rallies on Powell's remarks

Bitcoin's 40% rally in January, the best in a month since 2020, massive capital inflows into cryptocurrency-focused ETFs, and a $250 billion increase in market capitalization over the past four

Marek Petkovich 10:17 2023-02-03 UTC+2

EUR/USD: demand falls despite latest ECB rate hike

The ECB announced a 0.5% increase in its interest rate and explicitly said that there could be a similar one in March, depending on the economic data that will come

Jozef Kovach 08:21 2023-02-03 UTC+2
Không thể nói chuyện ngay bây giờ?
Đặt câu hỏi của bạn trong phần trò chuyện.