24.03.2023 04:23 AM
Dollar dips as the Fed announces a less aggressive policy stance

This image is no longer relevant

The Fed had been raising its key interest rate by a quarter percentage point. However, it has changed tactics, most likely because it is preparing for a pause in the rate hikes.

Of course, another quarter percentage point will still be seen in May, and the Fed has confirmed that they will continue to keep the final rate at a high level throughout 2023. But a pause is inevitable and, most importantly, additional tightening measures are being introduced. This news resulted in a rise in precious metal prices and a fall in dollar.

This image is no longer relevant

According to the CME FedWatch tool, there is a 38.8% chance that the Fed will pause its rate hike in May, and there is a 61.2% chance that the Fed will hold its last rate hike at a quarter percentage point.

Irina Yanina,
Analytical expert of InstaForex
© 2007-2023
  • Grand Choice
    Contest by
    InstaForex always strives to help you
    fulfill your biggest dreams.
  • Chancy Deposit
    Deposit your account with $3,000 and get $9000 more!
    In May we raffle $9000 within the Chancy Deposit campaign!
    Get a chance to win by depositing $3,000 to a trading account. Having fulfilled this condition, you become a campaign participant.
  • Trade Wise, Win Device
    Top up your account with at least $500, sign up for the contest, and get a chance to win mobile devices.
  • 100% Bonus
    Your unique opportunity to get a 100% bonus on your deposit
  • 55% Bonus
    Apply for a 55% bonus on your every deposit
  • 30% Bonus
    Receive a 30% bonus every time you top up your account

Recommended Stories

Can't speak right now?
Ask your question in the chat.
Widget callback